For introductory-level, undergraduate courses in natural resource conservation, natural resource management, environmental science, and environmental conservation. This comprehensive text describes the ecological principles, policies, and practices required to create a sustainable future. It emphasizes practical, cost-effective, sustainable solutions to these problems that make sense from social, economic, and environmental perspectives. CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. Natural Resource Conservation and Management: Past, Present and Future
2. Economics, Ethics, and Critical Thinking: Tools for Creating a Sustainable Future
3. Lessons from Ecology
4. The Human Population Challenge
5. World Hunger: Solving the Problem Sustainably
6. The Nature of Soils
7. Soil Conservation and Sustainable Agriculture
8. Integrated Pest Management
9. Aquatic Environments
10. Managing Water Resources Sustainability
11. Water Pollution
12. Fisheries Conservation
13. Rangeland Management
14. Forest Management
15. Plant and Animal Extinction
16. Wildlife Management
17. Sustainable Waste Management
18. Air Pollution
19. Global Warming and Climate Change
20. Acid Deposition and Stratospheric Ozone Depletion
21. Minerals, Mining, and a Sustainable Society
22. Nonrenewable Energy Resources: Issues and Options
23. Creating a Sustainable System of Energy
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$70.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68259-8