ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For Student Success courses in high school, career college, community college, or university settings.
This book takes a logical approach to student success by starting with stress management in making positive behavioral changes for academic and personal success.
Navigating Your Future Success is readable and relevant to engage students in assessing their academic and workplace skills and develop a plan for success, starting with the critical foundation of stress management. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Logical Learning Outcomes
How will students do well if they are “stressed out” as this impacts all aspects of their lives? Students will learn to harness stress in a positive way and set goals in their interpersonal skill areas to maximize external success skills. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Personal Success Skills - Internal (or intrapersonal) success skills focus on how to do well “within yourself”. Stress management is followed by positive attitude, time management, goal setting, learning styles, critical/creative thinking, improving memory, and test taking.
· Professional Success Skills – Skills for succeeding “within your program and beyond.” These skills focus on communication, group interaction, team building, job-seeking, and leadership development.
· Effective Teaching Techniques – This book includes exercises to facilitate positive behavioral changes. Affective teaching differs from cognitive (theory) teaching, so behavioral changes are presented succinctly to show quick positive results that last.
0321952529 / 9780321952523 Navigating Your Future Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321885988 / 9780321885982 Navigating Your Future Success
0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
Part One: Traveling Toward Personal Success
Chapter 1: Stress Management: The Skill that Affects All Others
Chapter 2: Positive Attitudes and Goals: Preparing for Success
Chapter 3: Managing Your Resources: Time and Money
Chapter 4: Active Study Strategies: Learning “How to Learn”
Chapter 5: Learning Styles, Memory and Test Taking: Getting the Grade
Chapter 6: Creative Thinking and Decision Making: Making Good Choices
Part Two: A Roadmap for Professional Success
Chapter 7: Communication in Action: Presenting Yourself to Others
Chapter 8: Group Interaction and Team Building: Working Together Works
Chapter 9: Career Seeking and Leadership Development: Your Future Begins Now
Chapter 10: Enhancing Your Personal Health: Take Care of Yourself Along the Journey
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Navigating Your Future Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package, 2nd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$48.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users