Table of Contents
I. THE FOUNDATIONS OF A NEW AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.
1. Democracy in the United States.
2. Establishing a Constitutional Democracy.
3. Federalism: Division of Power Among National, State, and Local Governments.
4. American Political Culture
II. THE INGREDIENTS OF THE NEW AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.
5. Public Opinion.
6. Individual Participation.
7. Interest-Group Participation in American Democracy.
8. Political Parties.
9. The Media.
III. CAMPAIGNS AND ELECTIONS.
10. Electing the President.
11. Choosing the Congress.
IV. THE GOVERNMENT.
12. The Congress and Its Work.
13. The Presidency: Powers and Practice.
14. The Bureaucracy.
15. The Courts.
V. CIVIL LIBERTIES AND CIVIL RIGHTS.
16. Civil Liberties.
17. Civil Rights.
VI. PUBLIC POLICY.
18. Domestic Policy.
19. Economic Policy.
20. Foreign and Defense Policy.
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.00 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
$41.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-05769-6
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-05791-7
$124.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-78153-9