MyMathLab enhancements for this book include all of the following items.
- 70% more exercises have been added to the new edition in MyMathLab, giving instructors more flexibility when assigning homework and practice.
- Sample homework assignments are pre-selected by the author for each section. These are indicated in the Annotated Instructor Edition by a red underline within the end-of-section exercise sets, and the homework sets are assignable in MyMathLab.
- “Why Math Matters” Animations accompany select applications to help illustrate these concepts for students.
- Explorations areguided-discovery projects (in PDF), created by Nolan Mitchell (Chemeketa Community College), and can be assigned as class work or homework. These projects can be submitted via digital dropbox and graded by the instructor. Answers to the Explorations are posted under Instructor Resources.
- Animations were also created by Nolan Mitchell and use GeoGebra. These animations are a collection of interactive discovery exercises designed to help students to better understand functions and their graphs.
- Sample homework assignments are pre-selected by the authors for each section and assignable in MyMathLab. These are indicated in the Annotated Instructor Edition by a red underline within the end-of-section exercise sets.
MyMathLab® is a text-specific, easily customizable online course that integrates interactive multimedia instruction with textbook content. MyMathLab gives you the tools you need to deliver all or a portion of your course online, whether your students are in a lab setting or working from home.
- Interactive homework exercises, correlated to your textbook at the objective level, are algorithmically generated for unlimited practice and mastery. Most exercises are free-response and provide guided solutions, sample problems, and tutorial learning aids for extra help.
- Personalized homework assignments that you can design to meet the needs of your class. MyMathLab tailors the assignment for each student based on their test or quiz scores. Each student receives a homework assignment that contains only the problems they still need to master.
- Personalized Study Plan, generated when students complete a test or quiz or homework, indicates which topics have been mastered and links to tutorial exercises for topics students have not mastered. You can customize the Study Plan so that the topics available match your course content.
- Multimedia learning aids, such as video lectures and podcasts, animations, and a complete multimedia textbook, help students independently improve their understanding and performance. You can assign these multimedia learning aids as homework to help your students grasp the concepts.
- Homework and Test Manager lets you assign homework, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded. Select just the right mix of questions from the MyMathLab exercise bank, instructor-created custom exercises, and/or TestGen® test items.
- Gradebook, designed specifically for mathematics and statistics, automatically tracks students’ results, lets you stay on top of student performance, and gives you control over how to calculate final grades. You can also add offline (paper-and-pencil) grades to the gradebook.
- MathXL Exercise Builder allows you to create static and algorithmic exercises for your online assignments. You can use the library of sample exercises as an easy starting point, or you can edit any course-related exercise.
- Pearson Tutor Center (www.pearsontutorservices.com) access is automatically included with MyMathLab. The Tutor Center is staffed by qualified math instructors who provide textbook-specific tutoring for students via toll-free phone, fax, email, and interactive Web sessions.