For all shorter nurse assistant courses, especially those covering acute care (hospital) and nursing homes (long term care) environments.
The Nursing Assistant, Fifth Edition is a concise, practical, affordable, and up-to-date guide to the skills today’s nursing assistants need to master. It is designed both to serve as the basis of any nursing assistant training program, and to prepare students for careers in acute, subacute, or long-term care. It addresses the needs of the whole patient or resident, while promoting independence and self-care. Carefully organized to follow nursing process models, state curricula, and OBRA mandates, it walks through 75 step-by-step procedures reflecting the most common nursing assistant tasks. This edition is fully updated for the newest CDC and OSHA guidance for hand cleaning and infection control, and to reflect other relevant federal laws, including HIPAA.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE ROLE OF THE NURSING ASSISTANT
1. Introduction to Health Care
2. The Nursing Assistant
3. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
4. Relating to Your Patients
PART TWO: SAFETY FOR THE PATIENT AND THE NURSING ASSISTANT
5. Infection Control
6. Environmental Safety, Accident Prevention, and Disaster Plans
7. Emergency Situations
PART THREE: BASIC NURSING SKILLS
8. Body Systems and Common Diseases
9. Vital Signs
10. Positioning, Moving, and Ambulation
11. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge
12. The Patient’s Environment
13. Hygiene and Grooming
14. Special Skin Care
16. Elimination Needs
17. Specimen Collection and Testing
18. AM and PM Care
19. Restorative Care and Rehabilitation
PART FIVE: SPECIALIZED CARE PROCEDURES
20. Additional Patient Care Procedures
21. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
22. Subacute Care
23. Special Skills in Long-Term Care
24. Death and Dying
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$26.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-261792-5