For courses in undergraduate/graduate-level nursing theory.
Nursing Theories: The Base for Professional Nursing Practice, Sixth Edition,
is designed to help nurses apply concepts and theories to practice. This useful resource considers the ideas of well-known nursing theorists and relates the work of each to the clinical nursing practice. Chapters are organized to relate the theorist's work to the nursing metaparadigm, clinical nursing practice, characteristics of a theory, and strengths and limitations of the theory.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Nursing Theory
2. Nursing Theory and Clinical Practice
3. Environmental Model: Florence Nightingale
4. Interpersonal Relations in Nursing: Hildegard E. Peplau
5. Definition and Components of Nursing: Virginia Henderson
6. Self-Care Deficit Nursing Theory: Dorothea Elizabeth Orem
7. Behavioral System Model: Dorothy E. Johnson
8. Nursing Process Discipline: Ida Jean Orlando
9. Other Theories from the 1950s and 1960s
10. The Conservation Principles: A Model For Health: Myra Estrin Levine
11. Conceptual System and Theory of Goal Attainment: Imogene M. King
12. Science of Unitary Human Beings: Martha E. Rogers
13. The Roy Adaptation Model: Sister Callista Roy
14. The Neuman Systems Model: Betty Neuman
15. Other Theories from the 1970s
16. Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality: Madeleine M. Leininger
17. Health as Expanding Consciousness: Margaret A. Newman
18. Theory of Transpersonal Caring: Jean Watson
19. Human Becoming School of Thought: Rosemarie Rizzo Parse
20. The Modeling and Role-Modeling Theory: Helen Lorraine (Cook) Erickson, Evelyn M. Tomlin, and Mary Ann P. Swain
21. Health Promotion Model: Nola J. Pender
22. Philosophy of Caring and Expert Nursing Practice: Patricia Benner
23. Other Theories of the 1980s
24. Other Nursing Theories from the 1990s
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-707532-4