With a new Consumerism chapter, enhanced art and photos, and timely updates, this Second Edition of Nutrition and You personalizes nutrition–helping you make healthy nutrition choices and encouraging you to become an informed consumer of nutrition information.
Throughout, each vitamin and mineral are introduced in self-contained spreads, called Visual Summary Tables, that help you learn to identify the key aspects of each nutrient at a glance. You’re encouraged to relate the science of nutrition to your own dietary habits, helping you to separate fact from fiction and to distinguish high-quality nutrient sources from those of lesser quality. After reading this book, you’ll know to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
The MyPlate Edition features a write-to-fit update so that you have the latest nutrition information right within your book. New information includes the new MyPlate graphic (which replaces the former MyPyramid), the 2010 Guidelines, and the new Dietary Reference Intakes.
Table of Contents
1. What is Nutrition?
2. Tools for Healthy Eating
3. Basics of Digestion
4. Carbohydrates: Sugars, Starches and Fiber
5. Fats, Oils and Other Lipids
6. Proteins and Amino Acids
8. Minerals and Water
10. Weight Management and Energy Balance
11. Nutrition and Fitness
12. Consumerism: From Farm to Table
13. Food Safety
14. Hunger at Home and Abroad
15. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy through Infancy
16. Life Cycle Nutrition: Toddlers through the Later Years
Appendices: Calculations and Conversions; U.S. Exchange Lists for Meal Planning; Organizations and Resources
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Nutrition & You, 3rd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85680-7
$50.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85683-8
$86.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94384-2
$86.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94435-1
$54.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94049-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$115.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81493-7