Bring nutrition into focus with an innovative approach.
Nutrition: From Science to You, Second Edition provides the tools students need to understand the science of nutrition and successfully apply it in their personal lives and future careers.
This text personalizes nutritional information to engage students in the subject matter, while retaining the scientific rigor needed for academic success. Innovative pedagogical features aid study and review, illustrate key concepts, hone necessary academic skills, promote improved personal nutrition, highlight the importance of nutrition in overall health, and explore the insights of nutrition scientists and other professionals in the field of nutrition.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Clarify Tough Topics: Exploring Micronutrients, Focus Figures, and Visual Chapter Summaries all work together to bring clarity to concepts that are hard to understand.
- Boost Critical Thinking: Health Connection features, Examining the Evidence features, and Nutrition in Practice case studies encourage students to think critically about nutrition.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Nutrition?
2. Tools for Healthy Eating
3. Digestion, Absorption, and Transport
9. Fat-Soluble Vitamins
10. Water-Soluble Vitamins
12. Major Minerals
13. Trace Minerals
14. Energy Balance and Body Composition
15. Weight Management
16. Nutrition and Fitness
17. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy through Infancy
18. Life Cycle Nutrition: Toddlers through Adolescence
19. Life Cycle Nutrition: Adults through the Later Years
20. Food Safety Technology and Availability
21. Hunger at Home and Abroad
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Nutrition: From Science to You, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89633-9