NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
A comprehensive overview of the nutrition, health, and safety needs of young children from birth through school age, Nutrition, Health, and Safety for Young Children: Promoting Wellness, 2/e prepares future educators to implement healthful practices and teach young children ways to contribute to their own wellness. Through anecdotes, cases, and authentic examples, the authors use a storytelling approach that helps contextualize wellness concepts for readers, promote thinking about professional situations, and offer a glimpse into the everyday classroom environment–diverse populations of young children in family child care, child care centers, preschools, and elementary school settings. In this new edition, the text has been streamlined to 16 chapters and still covers the wide range of challenges that teachers of young children are facing today, such as: an increasingly diverse population of young learners, more identified food allergies, concern about the obesity epidemic, the increase in pertussis (whooping cough) cases, focus on serving children with special health care needs in classrooms, new kinds of threats to children’s safety, and increased awareness of the need to develop healthy environments and use sustainable practices in early childhood settings. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133385701 / 9780133385700 Nutrition, Health and Safety for Young Children: Promoting Wellness Plus Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
- 0132869799 / 9780132869799 Nutrition, Health and Safety for Young Children: Promoting Wellness
- 0133395391 / 9780133395396 Nutrition, Health and Safety for Young Children: Promoting Wellness, Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part 1: Promoting Wellness
Chapter 1: Your Role in Children's Wellness
Part 2: Promoting Good Nutrition
Chapter 2: The Foundations of Optimal Nutrition
Chapter 3: The Science of Nutrition
Chapter 4: Feeding Infants
Chapter 5: Feeding Toddlers, Preschoolers, and School-Age Children
Chapter 6: Menu Planning
Chapter 7: Food Safety
Part 3: Promoting Healthful Practices
Chapter 8: Creating a Climate of Health and Wellness
Chapter 9: Health Screening and Assessment
Chapter 10: Managing Infectious Disease
Chapter 11: Teaching Children with Special Health Care Needs
Chapter 12: Children's Mental Health
Part 4: Promoting Safety
Chapter 13: Enhancing Safety Through Appropriate Environments
Chapter 14: Promoting Safe Practices Through Effective Classroom Management
Chapter 15: Responding to Emergencies
Chapter 16: Child Abuse and Neglect
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$59.99 | Buy Access
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$61.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325755-7
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$75.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-339539-6
$91.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-438593-8
$151.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-286979-9