ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The Third Edition of Nutrition & You provides students with a personalized approach to understanding nutrition and teaches them to become informed consumers of nutrition information through interactive lessons, practical applications, and visual study tools.
Joan Salge Blake writes in a very engaging style, addressing the student directly, using colorful language and visual analogies in order to explain concepts, and captivating students with humor. Blake encourages students to relate the science of nutrition to their own dietary habits, enabling them to separate fact from fiction and to distinguish high-quality nutrient sources from those of lesser quality. Blake’s approach teaches students to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
The Third Edition features MasteringNutrition™, an online homework, assessment, and tutorial system that allows instructors to personalize the nutrition course like never before with next generation course management tools. Students master topics through interactive mini-lessons, quizzing, and immediate wrong-answer feedback.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text and supplemental package will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringNutrition: Improve results by helping students to quickly master concepts with self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to keep students on track.
- Focus on visual learning: Appeal to today’s visual learners with Focus Figures and Visual Chapter Summaries that identify key objectives in a consistent, easy-to-study format.
- Emphasize critical thinking: Teach students to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
- Emphasize applications: Encourage students to practice with MyDietAnalysis, a software system that allows students to do a diet assignment and then enter their information to create a variety of reports, in addition to other tools.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringNutrition does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringNutrition search for ISBN-10: 0321908732 /ISBN-13: 9780321908735. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321910400/ISBN-13: 9780321910400 and ISBN-10: 0321961552/ISBN-13: 9780321961556.
MasteringNutrition is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
- What Is Nutrition?
- Tools for Healthy Eating
- The Basics of Digestion
- Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starches, and Fiber
- Fats, Oils, and Other Lipids
- Proteins and Amino Acids
- Minerals and Water
- Weight Management and Energy Balance
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Consumerism: From Farm to Table
- Food Safety and Technology
- Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy Through Infancy
- Life Cycle Nutrition: Toddlers Through the Later Years
- Hunger at Home and Abroad
App A Calculations and Conversions
App B U.S. Exchange Lists for Meal Planning
App C Organizations and Resources
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133910940
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringNutrition with MyDietAnalysis with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Nutrition & You, 3rd Edition
Joan Salge Blake
$170.20 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780133941227
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyDietAnalysis Student Access Code Card
. . Pearson Education
$182.20 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$86.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95632-3
$52.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94201-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$115.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96091-7