NOTE: This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook. Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Joan Salge Blake writes in a very engaging style, you directly, using visual analogies in order to explain concepts, and captivating the reader with humor. Blake encourages you to relate the science of nutrition to their own dietary habits, enabling you to separate fact from fiction and to distinguish high-quality nutrient sources from those of lesser quality. Blake’s approach teaches you to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
The Third Edition features MasteringNutrition™, an online homework, assessment, and tutorial system that allows instructors to personalize the nutrition course like never before with next generation course management tools. You can master topics through interactive mini-lessons, quizzing, and immediate wrong-answer feedback.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text and supplemental package will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringNutrition: Get results and quickly master concepts with self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to keep you on track.
- Focus on visual learning: Identify key objectives in a consistent, easy-to-study format.
- Emphasize critical thinking: Think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
- Emphasize applications: Practice with MyDietAnalysis, a software system that allows you to complete a diet assignment.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134038735
Includes this title packaged with:
- Eat Right!
. . Pearson Education
- Modified MasteringNutrition with MyDietAnalysis with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Nutrition & You, 3rd Edition
Joan Salge Blake
$136.47 | Add to Cart