Through the use of short, focused concepts rather than longer chapters, this text provides students with practical information and engaging tools that help them make positive changes in their nutrition and overall health, while covering the elements essential to a consumer-oriented introductory nutrition course. Its targeted content, useful features, lively readability, and accessible design engage students and encourage them to apply this new knowledge to their daily lives. CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. Why You Eat What You Eat
2. What is Nutrition?
3. Nutrition Claims: Sorting Fact from Fiction
4. Tools for Healthy Eating
5. Food Labels: Cracking the Code
6. Digestion: How Food Becomes Nutrition
7. Carbohydrates: Facts to Know
8. Carbohydrates: Foods to Eat
9. Diabetes: A Growing Epidemic
10. Fats: Facts to Know
11. Fats: Foods to Eat
12. Eat to Beat Heart Disease
13. Proteins: Facts to Know
14. Proteins: Foods to Eat
15. Vegetarian Diets: What to Eat When You Don’t Eat Meat
16. Vitamins: Small but Powerful
17. Minerals: Essential Elements
18. Water: Facts to Know, Fluids to Drink
19. Alcohol: The Real Story
20. Healthy Weight: What Is It and How Do You Maintain It?
21. Overweight and Obesity: Fighting the Factors that Put On Weight
22. Underweight and Disordered Eating: When Eating Enough is a Challenge
23. Fighting Cancer with a Knife and Fork
24. Focus on Fitness
25. Eat to Compete
26. Supplements and Functional Foods: Are They Right for You?
27. Food Safety
28. Food Insecurity
29. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy Through Infancy
30. Life Cycle Nutrition: Childhood Through the Later Years
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Nutrition & You: Core Concepts for Good Health, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$52.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-69728-8