Bring your nutrition course into focus!
The Third Edition of Nutrition & You provides students with a personalized approach to understanding nutrition and teaches them to become informed consumers of nutrition information through interactive lessons, practical applications, and visual study tools.
Joan Salge Blake writes in a very engaging style, addressing the student directly, using colorful language and visual analogies in order to explain concepts, and captivating students with humor. Blake encourages students to relate the science of nutrition to their own dietary habits, enabling them to separate fact from fiction and to distinguish high-quality nutrient sources from those of lesser quality. Blake’s approach teaches students to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
The Third Edition features MasteringNutrition™, an online homework, assessment, and tutorial system that allows instructors to personalize the nutrition course like never before with next generation course management tools. Students master topics through interactive mini-lessons, quizzing, and immediate wrong-answer feedback.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text and supplemental package will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringNutrition: Improve results by helping students to quickly master concepts with self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to keep students on track.
- Focus on visual learning: Appeal to today’s visual learners with Focus Figures and Visual Chapter Summaries that identify key objectives in a consistent, easy-to-study format.
- Emphasize critical thinking: Teach students to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
- Emphasize applications: Encourage students to practice with MyDietAnalysis, a software system that allows students to do a diet assignment and then enter their information to create a variety of reports, in addition to other tools.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering search for ISBN-10: 0321908732 /ISBN-13: 9780321908735. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321910400/ISBN-13: 9780321910400 and ISBN-10: 0321961552/ISBN-13: 9780321961556
Table of Contents
- What Is Nutrition?
- Tools for Healthy Eating
- The Basics of Digestion
- Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starches, and Fiber
- Fats, Oils, and Other Lipids
- Proteins and Amino Acids
- Minerals and Water
- Weight Management and Energy Balance
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Consumerism: From Farm to Table
- Food Safety and Technology
- Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy Through Infancy
- Life Cycle Nutrition: Toddlers Through the Later Years
- Hunger at Home and Abroad
App A Calculations and Conversions
App B U.S. Exchange Lists for Meal Planning
App C Organizations and Resources
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Nutrition & You, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96089-4