Written to the FESHE associates curriculum course guidelines and outcomes, this first edition text offers real life case studies and examples to demonstrate the importance of a collaborative as well as a personal commitment to safety in the fire service. With fourteen chapters and FESHE and NFPA references and guidelines throughout, the author provides a firm foundation in occupational health and safety for students and fire service professionals.
Table of Contents
1. History of Occupational Safety and Health in Emergency Service Organizations
2. Safety-Related Regulations and Standards Applied to Emergency Services
3. Risk Management and Administration
4. The Development and Managemetn of the Safety Program
5. Risk Assessment and Safety Planning
6. Fire Emergency Safety
7. Safety at EMS Emergencies
8. Safety at Specific Types of Incidents
9. Safety After the Incident
10. Individual Responsibility with Safety - If Not You, Then Who?
11. Safety Program Appraisal—Making It Happen—If Not Now, Then When?
12. Data Collection and Information Management
13. Specific Issues Concerning Occupational Safety Services
14. Lessons Learned from Incidents
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Occupational Health and Safety for Fire Service, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$33.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-504287-8