A broad, practical introduction to operations, reinforced with an extensive collection of practice problems.
Operations Management the standalone book presents a broad introduction to the field of operations in a realistic and practical manner, while offering the largest and most diverse collection of problems on the market.
If you want the book/access card and lecture guide order the ISBN below:
0132626063 / 9780132626064 Operations Management Flexible Version & Lecture Guide & myomlab package *
Package consists of:
0132163926 / 9780132163927 Operations Management Flexible Version
0132165848 / 9780132165846 Lecture Guide and Activities Manual for Operations Management Flexible Edition
0136025773 / 9780136025771 myomlab -- Valuepack Access Card
The Flexible Edition of Operations Management contains a separate student lecture guide with all of the end-of-chapter problems and sections for taking notes. This edition has also been thoroughly updated to reflect operations management today—and now features myomlab, Pearson’s online homework and tutorial system.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Operations and Productivity
Chapter 2. Operations Strategy in a Global Environment
Chapter 3. Project Management
Chapter 4. Forecasting
Part II. Designing Operations
Chapter 5. Design of Goods and Services
Chapter 6. Managing Quality
Supplement 6. Statistical Process Control
Chapter 7. Process Strategy
Supplement 7. Capacity and Constraint Management
Chapter 8. Location Strategies
Chapter 9. Layout Strategies
Chapter 10. Human Resources, Job Design, and Work Measurement
Part III. Managing Operations
Chapter 11. Supply Chain Management
Supplement 11. Outsourcing as a Supply Chain Strategy
Chapter 12. Inventory Management
Chapter 13. Aggregate Planning
Chapter 14. Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP
Chapter 15. Short-Term Scheduling
Chapter 16. JIT and Lean Operations
Chapter 17. Maintenance and Reliability
Part IV. Quantitative Modules
Module A. Decision-Making Tools
Module B. Linear Programming
Module C. Transportation Models
Module D. Waiting-Line Models
Module E. Learning Curves
Module F. Simulation
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$107.80 | Add to Cart
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Operations Management, 10th Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-291219-8
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-291221-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$102.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299758-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$171.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-277600-4