For all college courses in police administration or organizational behavior, and as a reference for police managers or officers preparing for promotional exams.
This textprovides a clear, concise, realistic, and up-to-date blueprint for successful police management. Drawing on decades of experience as practitioners, consultants, trainers and researchers, the authors fully reflect current theory and practice, while accurately capturing the “feel” of real-world law enforcement management. They focus on organizational behavior to promote a deeper understanding of both the police organization as a whole, as well as key interactions among officers, managers, and the community. This edition integrates the latest research, and presents all-new chapters on performance-based management and organizational development. It offers expanded coverage of leadership, team-building, stress management, and many other topics; as well as 39 new cases.
Table of Contents
1. Police Organization: Evolving Strategies
2. Dynamics of Management: Managers and Organizational Behavior
3. Leadership: The Integrative Variable
4. Personality: Understanding the Complexity of Human Behavior in the Organization
5. Beliefs, Values, and Attitudes: Determinants of Human Behavior
6. Motivation: The Force Behind Behavior
7. Stress in Organizational Life: Its Nature, Causes, and Control
8. Conflict: Nature, Causes, and Management
9. Decision-Making: The Essential Element in Applied Management
10. Power: Nature and Use
11. Communication: The Vital Process
12. Groups and Team Work: Human Dynamics at Work
13. Change: Coping with Organizational Life
14. Performance-Based Management: Guiding Principles
15. Developing Effective Organizations: Techniques for Improving Performance
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$57.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508965-1