Organizational Behavior in Education, 11/e gives future and current educational administrators, superintendents, principals, and assistant principals an authoritative, well-established, timely look at organizational behavior and how leaders can create more effective school cultures. It offers the most up-to-date thinking and the most in-depth exploration of organizational leadership as it relates to decision making, organizational change, managing conflict and communications, and motivating self and others to achieve organizational goals. The authors challenge readers to develop and analyze the successful implementation of school reform, while helping them gain a professional understanding of the organizational theory and research that are the bedrock of modern practice. The new Eleventh Edition features updated research and developments in the field; an extensively revised, more systematic and logical presentation of organizational theory and its historical development; discussion of the new ELCC Standards and Elements that apply to program accreditation in Ed Leadership programs; APA format for all references and citations; new presentations of important research in the field; and more.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Organizational and Critical Theory
Chapter 2: Guiding Concepts for a Theory of Practice
Chapter 3: Mainstreams of Organizational Thought
Chapter 4: A Systems Approach to Organization
Chapter 5: Motivation: Understanding Self and Others
Chapter 6: The Human Dimension of Organization
Chapter 7: Organizational Culture and Organizational Climate
Chapter 8: Organizational Change
Chapter 9: Leadership
Chapter 10: Decision Making
Chapter 11: Conflict and Communications in Organizations
Chapter 12: School Reform
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$80.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358881-1