ORTHOPEDIC MANUAL THERAPY, 2/e is extensively updated and presents all modern foundations of orthopedic manual therapy, including patient management, clinical reasoning, reflective practice, and problem solving. Its comprehensive, regional approach to the body helps therapists synthesize new research, didactic knowledge, and clinical expertise. The text first systematically explains assessment, evaluation, treatment, and contraindications. Next, it offers in-depth insights into regional musculoskeletal conditions, supported by relevant anatomy, biomechanics, examination protocols, treatment techniques, and outcomes. Scientific research is analyzed to support the tests, techniques, and clinical reasoning presented. Hundreds of color images are provided, together with extensive scientific bibliographies. This edition’s improvements include: new chapters on neurodynamics and soft tissue mobilization; more patient cases; greater focus on clinical decision-making; and new video procedures at www.myhealthprofessionskit.com.
Table of Contents
1. Orthopedic Manual Therapy
2. Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Assessment
3. Orthopedic Manual Therapy Clinical Assessment
4. Treatment and Re-Examination
5. Manual Therapy of the Cervical Spine
6. Manual Therapy of the Temporomandibular Joint
7. Manual Therapy of the Thoracic
8. Manual Therapy of the Shoulder Physical Examination
9. Manual Therapy of the Physical Examination
10. Manual Therapy of the Lumbar Patient History
11. Manual Therapy of the Sacroiliac
12. Manual Therapy of the Hip
13. Manual Therapy of the Knee
14. Manual Therapy of the Foot and Ankle
16. Soft-Tissue Mobilization
Discussion of Case Studies
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$43.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300362-8