For courses in orthopedics, physical therapy, athletic training, and physical examination, in programs for healthcare providers including physicians, nurses, athletic trainers, physician’s assistants, physical therapists, and occupational therapists.
This is the field’s most comprehensive evidence-based guide to clinical tests for orthopedic physical examination. It presents complete explanations and photography visualizing all commonly used physical exam tests for all body regions, including both neurological screening tools and conventional tests. The quality of research supporting each test is assessed using the QUADAS quality instrument, which analyzes the extent to which bias may have influenced diagnostic values. Diagnostic values are reported wherever they exist, and summary “Utility” scores are provided for each test based on the authors’ interpretation of the research and their use of the tests in clinical practice. This edition adds 200 new tests, presents valuable clusters of tests, and contains two entirely new chapters: one on visceral assessment and medical screening, and another on temporomandibular examination.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Claude T. Moorman III
Foreword by Kevin E. Wilk
1. Introduction to Diagnostic Accuracy
2. Physical Examination Tests for Neurological Testing and Screening
3. Physical Examination Tests for Visceral and Medical Screening
4. Physical Examination Tests for the Cervical Spine
5. Physical Examination Tests for the Temporomandibular Joint
6. Physical Examination Tests for the Shoulder Complex
7. Physical Examination Tests for the Elbow and Forearm
8. Physical Examination Tests for the Wrist and Hand
9. Physical Examination Tests for the Thoracic Spine
10. Physical Examination Tests for the Lumbar Spine
11. Physical Examination Tests for the Pelvis and Sacroiliac Joint
12. Physical Examination Tests for the Hip
13. Physical Examination Tests for the Knee
14. Physical Examination Tests for the Lower Leg, Ankle, and Foot
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$28.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-254479-5