For an undergraduate course in Patternmaking. Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, This hallmark text offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking. Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles–dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring–it provides students with all the relevant information necessary to create design patterns with accuracy regardless of their complexity.
Table of Contents
2. The Model Form and Measurements.
3. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set.
4. Dart Manipulation. (Principle #1)
5. Designing with Darts (Tuck-Darts, Pleats, Flare and Gathers)
7. Added Fullness (Principle #2).
8. Yokes, Flanges, Pin-Tucks, and Pleat Tucks.
9. Contouring (Principle #3).
11. Built-up Necklines.
13. Skirts/Circles and Cascades.
15. Kimono, Raglan, Drop Shoulder, Exaggerated Armholes.
16. Buttons, Buttonholes, and Facings.
17. Plackets and Pockets.
18. Dresses without Wasteline Seams (Based on Torso Foundation).
19. Strapless Foundations and Interconstruction.
20. Patternmaking for Bias-Cut Dresses.
22. Jackets and Coats.
23. Capes and Hoods.
24. Knock-Off-Copying Ready-Made Designs.
26. Knits—Stretch and Shrinkage Factors.
27. Actionwear for Dance and Exercise.
29. Introduction to Childrenswear.
30. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set: Measurement Taking, Standard Measurement Charts.
31. Collars, Sleeves, and Skirts.
32. Dresses and Jumpers.
34. Pants and Jumpsuits.
35. Bodysuits, Leotards, Mailott, and Swimwear.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Patternmaking for Fashion Design, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-700937-4