With over 350 updates, the new 2014 edition of the Pearson Nurse’s Drug Guide provides safe, effective, current, and accurate drug information in a quickly accessible format. Comprehensive and complete, it lists all drugs alphabetically by generic names for quick reference, with an index listing both generic and trade names. It presents important clinical information for hundreds of drugs, with adverse reactions, interactions, side effects, and impacts on lab results. It clearly presents information on IV preparation and push, continuous, or intermittent administration; as well as dosages for neonates, infants, adolescents, adults, and patients with obesity and renal or hepatic impairment. This edition also contains 21 brand-new monographs for drugs recently approved by the FDA.
Table of Contents
Alphabetical Entries for Generic Drugs
Appendix A. Ocular Medications, Low Molecular Weight Heparins, Inhaled Corticosteroids, and Topical Corticosteroid
Appendix B. U.S. Schedules of Controlled Substances
Appendix C. FDA Pregnancy Categories
Appendix D. Oral Dosage Forms That Should Not Be Crushed
Appendix E. Prescription Combination Drugs
Appendix F. Glossary of Key Terms, Clinical Conditions, and Associated Signs and Symptoms
Appendix G. Abbreviations
Appendix H. Herbal and Dietary Supplement Table
Appendix I. Look-Alike, Sound-Alike Medications
Common Drug IV-Site Compatibility Chart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133827330
Includes this title packaged with:
- Core Concepts in Pharmacology, 3rd Edition
Leland Holland, Michael Patrick Adams
- Comprehensive Nursing Care, Revised Second Edition, 2nd Edition
Roberta Pavy Ramont, Dee Niedringhaus
$239.60 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780133463026
Includes this title packaged with:
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Critical Thinking in Patient Care, 5th Edition
Priscilla T LeMone, Karen M. Burke, Gerene Bauldoff
- Nutrition and Diet Therapy for Nurses
Sheila Tucker, Vera Dauffenbach
- Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 4th Edition
Michael Patrick Adams, Leland Holland, Carol Urban
- Maternal & Child Nursing Care, 3rd Edition
Marcia L. London, Patricia W. Ladewig, Jane W. Ball, Ruth C. Bindler, Kay J. Cowen
- Kozier & Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition
Audrey T. Berman, Shirlee Snyder
$564.73 | Add to Cart
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Pearson Nurse's Drug Guide 2015 as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$33.75 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-335593-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users