Personal Finance: An Integrated Planning Approach prepares students to meet the challenges of a changing economy by focusing on the two most important personal financial skills: planning and a basic understanding of planning techniques; and the ability to think critically and to make effective decisions.
Table of Contents
Organizing and Managing Your Financial Resources
1. Financial Planning: Why It’s Important to You
2. The Time Value of Money: All Dollars Are Not Created Equal
3. Financial Statements and Budgets: Where Are You Now and Where Are You Going?
4. Taxes: The Government’s Share of Your Rewards
PART 2. LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT:
Managing Current Assets and Current Liabilities
5. Cash Management: Funds for Immediate Needs
6. Short-Term Credit Management: Consumer Credit
PART 3. BUYING NOW AND PAYING LATER:
Managing Your Long-Term Liabilities
7. Consumer Durables: The Personal Auto
8. Housing: The Cost of Shelter
PART 4. INVESTING FOR THE FUTURE:
Growing Your Financial Resources
9. Financial Markets and Institutions: Learning the Investment Environment
10. Investment Basics: Understanding Risk and Return
11. Stocks and Bonds: Your Most Common Investments
12. Mutual Funds and Other Pooling Arrangements: Simplifying and (Maybe) Improving Your Investment Performance
PART 5. PROTECTING YOUR WEALTH: Insurance and Retirement Planning
13. Property and Liability Insurance: Protecting Your Lifestyle Assets
14. Health Care and Disability Insurance: Protecting Your Earning Capacity
15. Life Insurance and Estate Planning: Protecting Your Dependents
16. Retirement Planning: Planning for Your Long-Term Needs
Appendix. Time-Value-of-Money Concepts
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Personal Finance: An Integrated Planning Approach, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-606338-4