PROPORTION, PERSPECTIVE AND SKETCHING helps students learn how to draw quickly and believably by mastering practical techniques for perspective drawing and estimating scale and proportion. Drawing on extensive experience teaching beginners, the authors overcome many limitations of previous books. Rather than featuring professional work that beginners can’t possibly duplicate, they show examples of student drawings, helping students gain confidence and gauge their progress. Avoiding unnecessary theory, math, and jargon, they help students develop an intuitive sense of scale and proportion for creating believable perspectives, and offer valuable tricks and shortcuts throughout. In place of lengthy narratives, they support each lesson with supporting video walking through key techniques. The authors also devote lessons to SketchUp (for blocking out perspectives) and Photoshop (for enhancing sketches).
This is the Stand Alone text. The text is available for purchase with MyInteriorDesignKit!
MyInteriorDesignKit is an online supplement that offers book specific resources including flashcards, study aids, images, projects and additional material not found in the book. The package containing both this text and MIDK is ISBN: 0133012050.
If you wish to purchase access to MyInteriorDesignKit stand alone, go to the site and click on BUY ACCESS next to the text in use.
Table of Contents
Lesson 1- Perspective Basics
Lesson 2 - One-point Perspective
Lesson 3 - Two-point Perspective and Ellipses
Lesson 4 - Two-point Perspective Proportioning Methodologies
Lesson 5 - Proportioning a Two-point Perspective
Lesson 6 - Perceived Sale and Multiple Vanishing Points
Lesson 7 –Shadows and Reflections
Lesson 8 – People, Lighting and Colorizing
Lesson 9 – Three-point Perspective and Horizon Line Tricks
Lesson 10 – Chiaroscuro/value
Lesson 11 – Markers and color
Lesson 12 – Color pencils
Lesson 13 – Metallic surfaces
Lesson 14 – Wood
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306811-5