Components of the Package:
Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 4th Edition
By Michael Adams, Leland Holland, Carol Urban
NEW MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Pharmacology for Nurses (24-month access), 4th Edition
By Michael Adams, Norman Holland, Carol Urban
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
This up-to-date text helps nursing students master pharmacology by tightly linking it to therapeutic goals and patient wellness. Organized by body systems (units) and diseases (chapters), PHARMACOLOGY FOR NURSES: A PATHOPHYSIOLOGIC APPROACH, 4/e provides complete information on the drug classifications used to treat each disease class. Students can easily locate all relevant anatomy, physiology, pathology, and pharmacology in the same chapter where each drug is discussed. Exclusive Nursing Process Focus features clearly and concisely relates pharmacotherapy to patient assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning patient outcomes, implementing patient-centered care, and evaluating the outcomes. This new Fourth Edition links pharmacology to patient care through exceptionally accurate, attractive graphics, rich media resources, extensive self-assessment tools, and features covering complementary medicine; diverse patient/lifestyle considerations; and evidence-based practice. It has been thoroughly updated to reflect current pharmacologic drugs, drug classes, processes, mechanisms, and warnings; and the newest QSEN competencies and NCLEX question formats.
0133439356 / 9780133439359 Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach Plus NEW MyNursingLab with Pearson eText (24-month access) -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133026183 / 9780133026184 Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach
013349781X / 9780133497816 NEW MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Pharmacology for Nurses (24-month access)
Table of Contents
UNIT 1. Core Concepts in Pharmacology
1. Introduction to Pharmacology: Drug Regulation and Approval
2. Drug Classes and Schedules
3. Principles of Drug Administration
UNIT 2. Pharmacology and the Nurse-Client Relationship
6. The Nursing Process in Pharmacology
7. Medication Errors and Risk Reduction
8. Drug Administration Throughout the Lifespan
9. Psychosocial, Gender, and Cultural Influences on Pharmacotherapy
10. Herbal and Alternative Therapies
11. Substance Abuse
12. Emergency Preparedness and Poisonings
UNIT 3. The Nervous System
13. Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System
14. Drugs for Anxiety and Insomnia
15. Drugs for Seizures
16. Drugs for Emotional Mood and Behavioral Disorders
17. Drugs for Psychoses
18. Drugs for the Control of Pain
19. Drugs for Local and General Anesthesia
20. Drugs for Degenerative Diseases of the Nervous System
21. Drugs for Neuromuscular Disorders
UNIT 4. The Cardiovascular and Urinary Systems
22. Drugs for Lipid Disorders
23. Diuretic Therapy and Drugs for Renal Failure
24. Drugs for Fluid Balance, Electrolyte, and Acid–Base Disorders
25. Drugs for Hypertension
26. Drugs for Heart Failure
27. Drugs for Angina Pectoris and Myocardial Infarction
28. Drugs for Shock
29. Drugs for Dysrhythmias
30. Drugs for Coagulation Disorders
31. Drugs for Hematopoietic Disorders
UNIT 5. The Immune System
32. Drugs for Immune System Modulation
33. Drugs for Inflammation and Fever
34. Drugs for Bacterial Infections
35. Drugs for Fungal, Protozoal, and Helminthic Infections
36. Drugs for Viral Infections
37. Drugs for Neoplasia
UNIT 6. The Respiratory System
38. Drugs for Allergic Rhinitis and the Common Cold
39. Drugs for Asthma and Other Pulmonary Disorders
UNIT 7. The Gastrointestinal System
40. Drugs for Peptic Ulcer Disease
41. Drugs for Bowel Disorders and Other Gastrointestinal Conditions
42. Drugs for Nutritional Disorders
UNIT 8. The Endocrine System
43. Drugs for Pituitary, Thyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
44. Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus
45. Drugs for Disorders and Conditions of the Female Reproductive System MA
46. Drugs for Disorders and Conditions of the Male Reproductive System MA
UNIT 9. The Integumentary System and Eyes/Ears
47. Drugs for Bone and Joint Disorders
48. Drugs for Skin Disorders
49. Drugs for Eye and Ear Disorders
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
This title is currently out of stock.
We recommend PHARMACOLOGY NURSES&MYNURSINGLAB A/C PKG as a replacement.
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$110.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302618-4