Elegant, engaging, exacting, and concise, Giancoli’s Physics: Principles with Applications, Seventh Edition, helps you view the world through eyes that know physics.
Giancoli’s text is a trusted classic, known for its elegant writing, clear presentation, and quality of content. Using concrete observations and experiences you can relate to, the text features an approach that reflects how science is actually practiced: it starts with the specifics, then moves to the great generalizations and the more formal aspects of a topic to show you why we believe what we believe.
Written with the goal of giving you a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of physics in all its aspects, the text uses interesting applications to biology, medicine, architecture, and digital technology to show you how useful physics is to your everyday life and in your future profession.
Table of Contents
- Introduction, Measurement, Estimating
- Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension
- Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors
- Dynamics: Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Circular Motion; Gravitation
- Work and Energy
- Linear Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Static Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture
- Oscillations and Waves
- Temperature and Kinetic Theory
- The Laws of Thermodynamics
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321932792
Includes this title packaged with:
- MasteringPhysics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Physics: Principles with Applications, 7th Edition
Douglas C. Giancoli
$173.67 | Add to Cart