Elegant, engaging, exacting, and concise, Giancoli’s Physics: Principles with Applications with MasteringPhysics®, Seventh Edition, helps students view the world through eyes that know physics.
Giancoli’s text is a trusted classic, known for its elegant writing, clear presentation, and quality of content, Using concrete observations and experiences students can relate to, the text features an approach that reflects how science is actually practiced: it starts with the specifics, then moves to the great generalizations and the more formal aspects of a topic to show students why we believe what we believe.
Written with the goal of giving students a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of physics in all its aspects, the text uses interesting applications to biology, medicine, architecture, and digital technology to show students how useful physics is in their own everyday lives and in their future professions.
Table of Contents
- Introduction, Measurement, Estimating
- Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension
- Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors
- Dynamics: Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Circular Motion; Gravitation
- Work and Energy
- Linear Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Static Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture
- Oscillations and Waves
- Temperature and Kinetic Theory
- The Laws of Thermodynamics
- Electric Charge and Electric Field
- Electric Potential
- Electric Currents
- DC Circuits
- Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday’s Law
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Light: Geometric Optics
- The Wave Nature of Light
- Optical Instruments
- The Special Theory of Relativity
- Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom
- Quantum Mechanics of Atoms
- Molecules and Solids
- Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
- Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation
- Elementary Particles
- Astrophysics and Cosmology
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Physics: Principles with Applications, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$112.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-76241-2