Refund Policy: Information about our product refund policy is available on the Customer Care page.
This is a subscription-based eBook that will be available to you on VitalSource.com for the duration of your course. This eBook may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
Elegant, engaging, exacting, and concise, Giancoli’s Physics: Principles with Applications, Seventh Edition, helps you view the world through eyes that know physics.
Giancoli’s text is a trusted classic, known for its elegant writing, clear presentation, and quality of content. Using concrete observations and experiences you can relate to, the text features an approach that reflects how science is actually practiced: it starts with the specifics, then moves to the great generalizations and the more formal aspects of a topic to show you why we believe what we believe.
Written with the goal of giving you a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of physics in all its aspects, the text uses interesting applications to biology, medicine, architecture, and digital technology to show you how useful physics is to your everyday life and in your future profession.
Note: This is just the standalone book.
Table of Contents
- Introduction, Measurement, Estimating
- Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension
- Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors
- Dynamics: Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Circular Motion; Gravitation
- Work and Energy
- Linear Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Static Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture
- Oscillations and Waves
- Temperature and Kinetic Theory
- The Laws of Thermodynamics
- Electric Charge and Electric Field
- Electric Potential
- Electric Currents
- DC Circuits
- Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday’s Law
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Light: Geometric Optics
- The Wave Nature of Light
- Optical Instruments
- The Special Theory of Relativity
- Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom
- Quantum Mechanics of Atoms
- Molecules and Solids
- Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
- Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation
- Elementary Particles
- Astrophysics and Cosmology
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-92893-1
Purchase of this product will grant access to an eTextBook on VitalSource.com. After you have completed your purchase, instructions on how to redeem your access code will be available on your account page.