Elegant, engaging, exacting, and concise, Giancoli’s Physics: Principles with Applications, Seventh Edition, helps you view the world through eyes that know physics.
Giancoli’s text is a trusted classic, known for its elegant writing, clear presentation, and quality of content. Using concrete observations and experiences you can relate to, the text features an approach that reflects how science is actually practiced: it starts with the specifics, then moves to the great generalizations and the more formal aspects of a topic to show you why we believe what we believe.
Written with the goal of giving you a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of physics in all its aspects, the text uses interesting applications to biology, medicine, architecture, and digital technology to show you how useful physics is to your everyday life and in your future profession.
Table of Contents
16. Electric Charge and Electric Field
17. Electric Potential
18. Electric Currents
19. DC Circuits
21. Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday’s Law
22. Electromagnetic Waves
23. Light: Geometric Optics
24. The Wave Nature of Light
25. Optical Instruments
26. The Special Theory of Relativity
27. Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom
28. Quantum Mechanics of Atoms
29. Molecules and Solids
30. Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
31. Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation
32. Elementary Particles
33. Astrophysics and Cosmology
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321928887
Includes this title packaged with:
- MasteringPhysics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Physics: Principles with Applications, 7th Edition
Douglas C. Giancoli
$170.93 | Add to Cart