This book carefully blends theory and practice. As seasoned teachers, we demonstrate how to draw both the methods and the content of a successful curriculum from children’s play. We interweave anecdotes of children’s play, theories of play and development, and instructional strategies that place play at the center of the curriculum.
Table of Contents
- Looking at Play Through Teachers’ Eyes
- Play and Development: Theory
- Play as the Cornerstone of Development: The Literature
- Orchestrating Children’s Play: Setting the Stage
- Orchestrating Play: Interactions with Children
- Play as a Tool for Assessment
- Mathematics in the Play-Centered Curriculum
- Language, Literacy, and Play
- Science in the Play-Centered Curriculum
- The Arts in the Play-Centered Curriculum
- Play and Socialization
- Outdoor Play
- Play, Toys, and Technology
- Conclusions: Integrating Play, Development, and Practice
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Play at the Center of the Curriculum, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-706074-0