For courses in Police Organization and Administration.
This best-selling text presents a vivid introduction to police organizations that focuses on the procedures, politics and human relations issues police supervisors and administrators must understand in order to succeed. Building on the authors’ decades of collective experience in law enforcement, training, and teaching, Police Administration 8e is recognized by both the academic and law enforcement communities as the authoritative treatment of this topic. Fully updated in this edition, it includes the latest on the evolution of American policing, the organization and the leader, the management of police organizations, and modern organizational issues.
Table of Contents
1. Evolution of Police Administration
2. Policing Today
3. Intelligence, Homeland Security, and Terrorism
4. Politics and Police Administration
5. Organizational Theory and the Leader
6. Organizational Design
8. Planning and Decision Making
9. Human Resource Management
10. Organizational and Interpersonal Communication
11. Labor Relations
12. Financial Management
13. Stress and Police Personnel
14. Legal Aspects of Police Administration
15. Organizational Change
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$61.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-801380-6