For courses in Police Community Relations or Community Policing.
Police-Community Relations and the Administration of Justice, Eighth Edition, continues the theme of citizen participation and emphasizes why it is critical to the effectiveness of the criminal justice system. It focuses on the importance of and strategies for positive police-community interactions and addresses the internal and external communities the police serve. The text's interdisciplinary approach draws data and discussions from a wide range of disciplines and gives students a well-rounded perspective to help them better understand and practice positive police-community relations.
Table of Contents
PART I: JUSTICE, SOCIETY, AND POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
1. The Administration of Justice within a Free Society
2. Police Role Concept in a Changing Society
3. Police Community-Relations: An Overview
4. Public Relations and Community Relations: A Contrast
5. The Public and the Police: A Consortium of Communities
PART II: INTERNAL ISSUES THAT AFFECT POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
6. Relations with the Police Organization
7. Coping with the Human Experience of Being a Cop
8. The Communication Process
9. Police Discretion and Community Relations
10. Community-Oriented Policing
PART III: EXTERNAL ISSUES THAT IMPACT ON POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
11. Police-Community Relations and the Media
12. Special Populations and the Police
13. Community Relations in the Context of Culture
14. The Dilemmas of Dissent and Political Response
15. Conflict Management and Community Control
PART IV: THE FUTURE OF POLICE COMMUNITY RELATIONS
16. Community Participation in the New Millennium
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508963-7