Police Field Operations: Theory Meets Practice, 2/e is a comprehensive, readable text that presents a practical look at police field operations and is designed to be used in one-semester courses on police operations or patrol procedures. Chapters have been designed to be independent units that can be taught individually, but also build upon each other to provide a complete picture of police operations. The text cover all major areas of police operations including patrolling, investigations, crime mapping, community policing, hot pursuit issues, communications, gangs and drugs, and more. Discussions focus on issues and challenges that police officers face on the job and help students bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- Clear links between theory and practice: Chapters help students understand theoretical concepts and directly apply them to field operations.
- Comprehensive coverage: The text is a complete resource for field operations courses.
- Readable discussions: Straightforward language and insightful features make the text readable and engaging.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Police Patrol: The Backbone of Policing
Chapter 2 Police Field Procedures
Chapter 3 Police Operations in a Community Policing Environment
Chapter 4 The Crime Scene and Preliminary Investigation
Chapter 5 Interviewing and Interrogation
Chapter 6 Handling Calls for Service
Chapter 7 Forensics
Chapter 8 Legal Constraints That Impact Police Operations
Chapter 9 Police Reports and Other Correspondence
Chapter 10 Police Communications
Chapter 11 Gangs and Drugs
Chapter 12 Police Operations in Culturally Diverse Communities
Chapter 13 Crime Mapping and Analysis
Chapter 14 Handling Terrorism and Natural Disasters
Chapter 15 Ethics and Police Operations
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133955781
Includes this title packaged with:
- Crisis Intervention: The Criminal Justice Response to Chaos, Mayhem, and Disorder
William M. Harmening
- Criminal Justice Today: An Introductory Text for the 21st Century Plus MyCJLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 13th Edition
Frank J. Schmalleger
- Courts and Criminal Justice in America, 2nd Edition
Larry J. Siegel, Frank J. Schmalleger, John L. Worrall
- Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science, 7th Edition
Michael D. Lyman
- Homeland Security
Larry K. Gaines, Victor E. Kappeler
- Criminalistics: An Introduction to Forensic Science Plus MyCJLab with Pearson eText -- Access Code Package, 11th Edition
- Criminal Procedure: From First Contact to Appeal Plus MyCJLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5th Edition
John L. Worrall
$1,224.47 | Add to Cart
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$57.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-357751-8