Policing: A Modular Approach provides a refreshing break from traditional policing textbooks. Created to encourage reader comprehension, the text uses a modular format that divides chapters into easily-digestible sections. An emphasis on the fundamentals of policing, combined with case studies and recent research-based findings, gives readers objective and thorough coverage of policing and police work. The text provides a strong balance between the practical and theoretical aspects of police work and is a reader-friendly, learning-focused, research-based examination of the most significant and pressing issues faced by today’s police departments and officers.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Police: An Introduction
Chapter 2 Levels of Law Enforcement
Chapter 3 Becoming a Police Officer
Chapter 4 Police Work
Chapter 5 Police Operational Issues
Chapter 6 Community Policing
Chapter 7 Policing and Groups
Chapter 8 Legal Aspects of Policing
Chapter 9 Misconduct, Corruption, and Ethical Issues
Chapter 10 Police Administration
Chapter 11 Technology, Criminalistics, and Policing
Chapter 12 A Look to the Future of Policing
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users