Explains the basics of political science
Political Science: An Introduction, 13/e, provides a comprehensive and jargon-free introduction to the field’s basic concepts and themes. It draws examples from the U.S. and other countries to introduce the entire field of political science to new readers. The authors stress how exciting politics can be, balancing practical and theoretical knowledge.
MyPoliSciLab is an integral part of the Roskin/Cord/Medeiros/Jones program. Activities and videos help readers engage in the material and retain its main points. Readers can watch videos that explore the key topics of politics and participate in simulations that allow them to experience politics firsthand. Assessment in MyPoliSciLab helps gauge readers’ progress.
Note: MyPoliSciLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPoliSciLab, please visit: www.mypoliscilab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyPoliSciLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205979432/ ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205979431
0205979432 / 9780205979431 Political Science: An Introduction Plus NEW MyPolisciLab with Pearson eText-- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205949975 / 9780205949977 NEW MyPoliSciLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205978002 / 9780205978007 Political Science: An Introduction
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Politics and Political Science
Chapter 2: Theories
Chapter 3: Ideologies
Chapter 4: States
Chapter 5: Constitutions
Chapter 6: Regimes
PART II: POLITICAL ATTITUDES
Chapter 7: Political Culture
Chapter 8: Public Opinion
PART III: POLITICAL INTERACTIONS
Chapter 9: Political Communication
Chapter 10: Interest Groups
Chapter 11: Parties
Chapter 12: Elections
PART IV: POLITICAL INSTITUTIONS
Chapter 13: Legislatures
Chapter 14: Executives and Bureaucracies
Chapter 15: Judiciaries
PART VI: WHAT POLITICAL SYSTEMS DO
Chapter 16: Political Economy
Chapter 17: Political Violence
Chapter 18: International Relations
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$83.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-97895-3
$61.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-97892-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-97820-5