o Practical, straightforward language
o Focus on helping students acclimate to the online classroom faster
o Key information and suggestions for succeeding as an online learner
o Common relevant topics covered with an online spin, such as motivation, time management, and self-knowledge
o Detailed discussion of topics of particular relevance to online learners
o Application of current research and theory on learning styles and personality profiles to online learning
The new edition includes timely new chapters covering hot topics like e-books, hybrid modality, and mobile and 21st century learning. First edition chapters have been expanded to reflect new developments in educational technology and to include updated research & statistics.
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
PART I BEFORE CLASS
Chapter 1 Becoming an Online Learner 1
Chapter 2 Know Thyself: Self-Discovery for the Online Learner 9
Chapter 3 Motivation and Goal Setting: Overcoming Obstacles 15
Chapter 4 The Commitments of an Online Student:
Managing Your Priorities 23
PART II ABOUT CLASS
Chapter 5 The Online Classroom and Community 31
Chapter 6 Navigating Learning Management Systems 37
Chapter 7 The Hybrid Balance 49
PART III IN CLASS
Chapter 8 Communicating Online: Who, What, When, How, and Why 55
Chapter 9 Working in the Online Classroom 63
Chapter 10 Thinking and Researching Online 69
Chapter 11 Strategies for Successful Online Learning 79
Chapter 12 The Evolution of Learning 87
PART IV TOOLS AND WORKSPACE
Chapter 13 Computer Concerns 95
Chapter 14 E-Books: The Evolution of the Textbook 103
Chapter 15 Creating the Ideal Personalized Study Environment 109
PART V EMPOWER YOU
Chapter 16 Preparing for the First Day of Class 117
Chapter 17 Maintaining Your Online Success 123
Appendix A Financing Your Education 129
Appendix B Understanding the Importance of Accreditation 131
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Power Up: A Practical Student's Guide to Online Learning Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package, 2nd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278272-2
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$42.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278819-9