For courses in Introduction to Health Studies and Introductory Professional courses.
With a focus on professional involvement, this book shows all health care students how they can be more engaged in their profession. Taking a how-to approach, it clearly outlines the types of professional activities that develop one’s professional identity and devotes a complete chapter to life beyond college. Action-oriented assignments end each chapter and address professional behaviors, professional organizations, workshops, seminars, conferences, community involvement and more!
Table of Contents
1. Students in Health Care Professional Programs
2. Membership in Professional Organizations
3. Attending Conferences, Workshops, Seminars & In-Services
4. Participation in Health Related Events
5. Make Your Thoughts and Opinions Known
6. Advocacy & Lobbying Efforts
7. Self Appraisal
8. Participation in Conferences, Workshops, & Seminars
9. Professional Activities as an Upper Classman
10. Beyond College
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Practical Approach Becoming a Health Care Professional, A, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$9.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-506355-2