The Bittinger Worktext Series changed the face of developmental education with the introduction of objective-based worktexts that presented math one concept at a time. This approach allowed students to understand the rationale behind each concept before practicing the associated skills and then moving on to the next topic. With this revision, Marv Bittinger continues to focus on building success through conceptual understanding, while also supporting students with quality applications, exercises, and new review and study materials to help them apply and retain their knowledge.
Table of Contents
1. Whole Numbers
1.1 Standard Notation
1.6 Rounding and Estimating; Order
1.7 Solving Equations
1.8 Applications and Problem Solving
1.9 Exponential Notation and Order of Operations
2. Introduction to Integers and Algebraic Expressions
2.1 Integers and the Number Line
2.2 Addition of Integers
2.3 Subtraction of Integers
2.4 Multiplication of Integers
2.5 Division of Integers and Order of Operations
2.6 Introduction to Algebra and Expressions
2.7 Like Terms and Perimeter
2.8 Solving Equations
3. Fraction Notation: Multiplication and Division
3.1 Multiples and Divisibility
3.3 Fractions and Fraction Notation
3.4 Multiplication and Applications
3.6 Multiplying, Simplifying, and More with Area
3.7 Reciprocals and Division
3.8 Solving Equations: The Multiplication Principle
4. Fraction Notation: Addition, Subtraction, and Mixed Numerals
4.1 Least Common Multiples
4.2 Addition, Order, and Applications
4.3 Subtraction, Equations, and Applications
4.4 Solving Equations: Using the Principles Together
4.5 Mixed Numerals
4.6 Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numerals; Applications
4.7 Multiplication and Division of Mixed Numerals; Applications
4.8 Order of Operations and Complex Fractions
5. Decimal Notation
5.1 Decimal Notation, Order, and Rounding
5.2 Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
5.3 Multiplication of Decimals
5.4 Division of Decimals
5.5 Using Fraction Notation with Decimal Notation
5.7 Solving Equations
5.8 Applications and Problem Solving
6. Introduction to Graphing and Statistics
6.1 Tables and Pictographs
6.2 Bar Graphs and Line Graphs
6.3 Ordered Pairs and Equations in Two Variables
6.4 Graphing Linear Equations
6.5 Means, Medians, and Modes
6.6 Predictions and Probability
7. Ratio and Proportion
7.1 Introduction to Ratios
7.2 Rates and Unit Prices
7.4 Applications of Proportions
7.5 Geometric Applications
8. Percent Notation
8.1 Percent Notation
8.2 Solving Percent Problems Using Percent Equations
8.3 Solving Percent Problems Using Proportions
8.4 Applications of Percent
8.5 Percent of Increase or Decrease
8.6 Sales Tax, Commission, and Discount
8.7 Simple Interest and Compound Interest; Credit Cards
9. Geometry and Measurement
9.1 Systems of Linear Measurement
9.2 Converting Units of Area
9.3 More with Perimeter and Area
9.4 Volume and Capacity
9.5 Angles and Triangles
9.6 Square Roots and the Pythagorean Theorem
9.7 Weight, Mass, and Temperature
9.8 Medical Applications
10. Exponents and Polynomials
10.1 Integers as Exponents
10.2 Working with Exponents
10.3 Scientific Notation
10.4 Addition and Subtraction of Polynomials
10.5 Introduction to Multiplying and Factoring Polynomials
Appendices: Developmental Units
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$36.80 | Add to Cart
$44.20 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321920355
Includes this title packaged with:
- MathXL Valuepack Access Card (6-months)
. . Pearson Education
$236.80 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Prealgebra, 7th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-73097-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-73099-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$134.48 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82706-7
$162.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77185-8