Table of Contents
P Prerequisites: Fundamental Concepts of Algebra
P.1 Algebraic Expressions, Mathematical Models, and Real Numbers
P.2 Exponents and Scientific Notation
P.3 Radicals and Rational Exponents
P.5 Factoring Polynomials
P.6 Rational Expressions
1. Functions and Graphs
1.1 Graphs and Graphing Utilities
1.2 Basics of Functions and Their Graphs
1.3 More on Functions and Their Graphs
1.4 Linear Functions and Slope
1.5 More on Slope
1.6 Transformations of Functions
1.7 Combinations of Functions; Composite Functions
1.8 Inverse Functions
1.9 Distance and Midpoint Formulas; Circles
2. Polynomial and Rational Functions
2.1 Complex Numbers
2.2 Quadratic Functions
2.3 Polynomial Functions and Their Graphs
2.4 Dividing Polynomials; Remainder and Factor Theorems
2.5 Zeros of Polynomial Functions
2.6 Rational Functions and Their Graphs
2.7 Polynomial and Rational Inequalities
2.8 Modeling Using Variation
3. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
3.1 Exponential Functions
3.2 Logarithmic Functions
3.3 Properties of Logarithms
3.4 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
3.5 Exponential Growth and Decay; Modeling Data
4. Trigonometric Functions
4.1 Angles and Radian Measure
4.2 Trigonometric Functions: The Unit Circle
4.3 Right Triangle Trigonometry
4.4 Trigonometric Functions of Any Angle
4.5 Graphs of Sine and Cosine Functions
4.6 Graphs of Other Trigonometric Functions
4.7 Inverse Trigonometric Functions
4.8 Applications of Trigonometric Functions
5. Analytic Trigonometry
5.1 Verifying Trigonometric Identities
5.2 Sum and Difference Formulas
5.3 Double-Angle, Power-Reducing, and Half-Angle Formulas
5.4 Product-to-Sum and Sum-to-Product Formulas
5.5 Trigonometric Equations
6. Additional Topics in Trigonometry
6.1 The Law of Sines
6.2 The Law of Cosines
6.3 Polar Coordinates
6.4 Graphs of Polar Equations
6.5 Complex Numbers in Polar Form; DeMoivre's Theorem
6.6 Vectors6.7 The Dot Product
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83804-9
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83805-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$82.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87916-5
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$138.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72958-3