For all introductory, clinical, and preventive courses in dental hygiene and dental assisting that cover preventive dental modalities and concepts.
Organized for consistency, coherence, and readability, this fully updated text covers all areas of prevention in dental care. It first describes dental diseases and conditions, helping students clearly understand the processes that can be prevented through the use of preventive modalities or ideas. Next, it presents detailed strategies to prevent these diseases and conditions. Throughout, specific target populations are defined and described based upon scientifically valid preventive strategies aimed at their needs. This edition improves student understanding with more photos, illustrations, diagrams, and tables; highlights “fun facts” about the topic; adds a new chapter on the important influence culture plays in preventive dental care; and is supported by many new web-based review questions and case studies for each chapter.
Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: Primary Preventive Dental Concepts
1. Primary Preventive Dentistry: An Introduction
2. Cultural Health Influences
3. Dental Hygiene Science
UNIT TWO: Etiology of Dental Diseases and Conditions
4. Dental Plaque
5. Carious Lesions
6. Periodontal Diseases
7. Oral Cancer
8. Dental Trauma
9. Host Defense Mechanisms in the Oral Cavity
UNIT THREE: Preventive Strategies
10. Toothbrushes and Toothbrushing Methods
11. Dentifrices, Mouthrinses and Chewing Gums
12. Self-Care Adjuncts
13. Denture and Implant Care
14. Community Water Fluoridation
15. Topical Fluoride Therapies
16. Dental Sealants
18. Sugar and Other Sweeteners
19. Health Education and Promotion Theories
20. Professional Dental Hygiene Care
21. Tobacco Cessation
22. Athletic Mouthguards
23. Technological Advances in Primary Dental Care
UNIT FOUR: Public Health and Target Populations
24. Pregnancy and Infancy
26. Adult Dental Care
28. Medically Compromised Populations
29. Populations with Developmental Disabilities
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Primary Preventive Dentistry, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$41.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300868-5