The Fifth Edition of Principles and Foundations connects you to research, resources, and practitioners in health education while providing a solid foundation in the history, philosophy, theory, and ethics of health education.
This text continues to provide the best overall introduction to the growing profession of Health Promotion and Education by covering the roles and responsibilities of health educators, the settings where health educators are employed, and the ethics of the profession. In addition to covering the history of health, health care, and health education, the book provides a preview of what the future may hold for health promotion and education professionals. The Fifth Edition includes new Practitioner’s Perspective features and updates to all chapters, reflecting the most current thinking and practices in the field.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. A Background for the Profession
2. The History of Health and Health Education/Promotion
3. Philosophical Foundations
4. Theoretical Foundations
5. Ethics and Health Education/Promotion
6. The Health Education Specalisist: Roles, Responsibilities, Certifications, Advanced Study
7. The Settings for Health Education/Promotion
8. Agencies/Associations/Organizations Associated with Health Education/Promotion
9. The Literature of Health Education/Promotion
10. Future Trends in Health Education/Promotion
Appendix A: Development of a Unified Code of Ethics for the Health Education Profession
Appendix B: Responsibilities and Competencies Hierarchical Model (CUP)
Appendix C: Eta Sigma Gamma Chapters: Locations and Dates of installation
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$33.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70975-2