For courses in Nutrition or Whole Animal Biology related to Nutrition in Animal Sciences, Biology, or Zoology departments.
Principles of Companion Animal Nutrition, Second Edition, covers basic biological principles and day-to-day practices of pet nutrition in a scientifically accurate, yet easy-to-read, format. Practical applications throughout the text help students make a direct connection between the daily practice of animal nutrition and the underlying biological processes and research that support those practices. Ample illustrations and real-world applications make difficult concepts easy to understand for students and bring to life the role of scientific research in improving the nutrition and health of companion animals.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Nutritional Terms and Definitions
- The Life Cycle and Nutrient Requirements
- Glucose and Fatty Acids: Providers of Body Structure and Function
- Amino Acids and Proteins: Providers of Body Structure and Function
- Vitamins: Cofactors for Nutrient Metabolism
- Minerals: Providing Many Functions
- The Basics of Nutrient Requirements: Water, Energy, and Protein
- Getting Ready to Make Foods: Ingredients, Preparation, and Processing
- Formulation, Analysis, and Labeling: Foods to Meet Requirements
- Nutrition of Canines through the Life Cycle
- Nutrition of Cats, the True Carnivores
- Nutrition of Nonruminant Herbivores: Horses
- Nutrition of the Rabbit, a Lagomorph
- Llamas and Alpacas: Ruminant Companions
- Nutrition of Ornamental Birds
- Nutrition of Aquarium Fish
- Nutrition of Rodents
- Nutrition of Reptiles
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Principles in Animal Nutrition, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-272348-0