Adapted from Nivaldo J. Tro’s best-selling general chemistry book, Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach focuses exclusively on the core concepts of general chemistry without sacrificing depth or relevance. Tro's unprecedented two- and three-column problem-solving approach is used throughout to give students sufficient practice in this fundamental skill. A unique integration of macroscopic, molecular, and symbolic illustrations helps students to visualize the various dimensions of chemistry; Tro’s engaging writing style captures student’s attention with relevant applications. The Second Edition offers a wealth of new and revised problems, approximately 50 new conceptual connections, an updated art program throughout, and is available with MasteringChemistry®, the most advanced online tutorial and assessment program available.
This package contains:
- Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, Second Edition
Table of Contents
2. Atoms and Elements
3. Molecules, Compounds, and Chemical Equations
4. Chemical Quantities and Aqueous Reactions
7. The Quantum-Mechanical Model of the Atom
8. Periodic Properties of the Elements
9. Chemical Bonding I: Lewis Theory
10. Chemical Bonding II: Molecular Shapes, Valence Bond Theory, and Molecular Orbital Theory
11. Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces
13. Chemical Kinetics
14. Chemical Equilibrium
15. Acids and Bases
16. Aqueous Ionic Equilibrium
17. Free Energy and Thermodynamics
19. Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
20. Organic Chemistry
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, 3rd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75218-5
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75217-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users