For courses in basic and advanced fire inspection, community risk reduction, advanced fire prevention administration, and promotional examinations. The text is also a useful reference for fire code administrators and fire inspectors already working in fire prevention bureaus.
Principles of Fire Code Enforcement provides a comprehensive overview of the everyday work practices of fire inspectors and the important role they play in fire risk reduction in their communities. The text’s easy-to-follow format covers basic and advanced concepts for fire science students, fire inspectors, and fire officers seeking advancement in their fire service careers. Case studies and illustrations help readers understand and implement complex fire code and fire protection requirements and provide insight into practical approaches to improving response and recovery efforts in the community. This text addresses the FESHE requirements for fire code enforcement as well as NFPA 1031 and 1037 knowledge requirements.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding the Historical Significance of Fires and their Impact on Fire Codes
2. The Code Enforcement System
3. Understanding Statistics and Community Risk Reduction
4. Organizational Effectiveness
5. The Fire Inspection Process
6. The Violation Process
7. Identifying Common Fire Code Violations
8. Inspection of Hazardous Materials
9. Means of Egress
10. Passive Fire Protection Systems
11. Fire Alarm Systems
12. Water based Fire Protection Systems
13. Plan Review of Water Supply for Fire Protection
14. Fire Protection Plans Review
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Principles of Code Enforcement, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$30.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-267288-7