Debuting in its first edition, Principles of Comparative Politics emphasizes the analysis of institutions, giving readers an accessible and concrete cross-national introduction to the political world. Surveying themes and countries,this brief text lays out the major elements of a political system–executive, legislature, political behavior, and more–and examines them in Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Mexico, China, Kenya, and Canada. Principles of Comparative Politics helps readers understand the mechanisms that drive politics and appreciate the variations among them.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Comparative Political Analysis: An Introduction
Chapter 2. Constitutions and Ideologies
Chapter 3. Legislative Institutions
Chapter 4. Executive Institutions
Chapter 5. Judicial Institutions
Chapter 6. Political Behavior and the Political Environment
Chapter 7. Pluralism, Parties, Interest Groups, and Movements
Chapter 8. Public Policy
Chapter 9. The British Political System
Chapter 10. The French Political System
Chapter 11. The German Political System
Chapter 12. The Canadian Political System
Chapter 13. The Russian Political System
Chapter 14. The Chinese Political System
Chapter 15. The Mexican Political System
Chapter 16. The Kenyan Political System
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$36.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users