Readers interested in an overview of marketing strategies and techniques.
Learn how to create value and gain loyal customers.
Principles of Marketing helps current and aspiring marketers master today’s key marketing challenge: to create vibrant, interactive communities of consumers who make products and brands a part of their daily lives. Presenting fundamental marketing information within an innovative customer-value framework, the book helps readers understand how to create value and gain loyal customers.
The fifteenth edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect the major trends and forces impacting marketing in this era of customer value and high-tech customer relationships. Emphasizing the great role that technology plays in contemporary marketing, it’s packed with new stories and examples illustrating how companies employ technology to gain competitive advantage—from traditional marketing all-stars such as P&G and McDonald’s to new-age digital competitors such as Apple and Google.
Table of Contents
Part I. Defining Marketing and the Marketing Process
1. Marketing: Creating and Capturing Customer Value
2. Company and Marketing Strategy: Partnering to Build Customer Relationships
Part II. Understanding the Marketplace and Consumers
3. Analyzing the Marketing Environment
4. Managing Marketing Information to Gain Customer Insights
5. Consumer Markets and Consumer Buyer Behavior
6. Business Markets and Business Buyer Behavior
Part III. Designing a Customer-Driven Strategy and Mix
7. Consumer-Driven Marketing Strategy
8. Products, Services, and Brands: Building Customer Value
9. New Product Development and Product Life-Cycle Strategies
10. Pricing: Understanding and Capturing Customer Value
11. Pricing Strategies
12. Marketing Channels: Delivering Customer Value
13. Retailing and Wholesaling
14. Communicating Customer Value: Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy
15. Advertising and Public Relations
16. Personal Selling and Sales Promotion
17. Direct and Online Marketing: Building Direct Customer Relationships
Part IV. Extending Marketing
18. Creating Competitive Advantage
19. The Global Marketplace
20. Sustainable Marketing: Social Responsibility and Ethics
Appendix 1 Marketing Plan
Appendix 2 Marketing by the Numbers
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$40.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325024-4
$85.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325021-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$102.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312821-5
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$167.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312824-6