Intended primarily for the one semester principles of microeconomics course, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Reviewers tell us that Case/Fair/Oster is one of the all-time bestselling POE texts because they trust it to be clear, thorough and complete. Case/Fair/Oster readers also come away with a basic understanding of how market economies function, an appreciation for the things they do well, and a sense of things they do poorly. Readers begin to learn the art and science of economic thinking and begin to look at some policy and even personal decisions in a different way.
Break through to improved results with MyEconLab®
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress. And, MyEconLab comes from Pearson, your partner in providing the best digital learning experiences.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyEconLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyEconLab search for ISBN-10: 0133450872 / ISBN-13: 9780133450873. That package includes:
- ISBN-10: 0133024164 / ISBN-13: 9780133024166 Principles of Microeconomics, 11e
- ISBN-10: 0133049981 / ISBN-13: 9780133049985 MyEconLab -- NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Principles of Microeconomics, 11e
MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
|Part I: INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS|
|Ch. 1: The Scope and Method of Economics|
|Ch.¿2: The Economic Problem: Scarcity and Choice|
|Ch¿3: Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium|
|Ch. 4: Demand and Supply Applications|
|Ch. 5:¿ Elasticity|
|Part II: THE MARKET SYSTEM: CHOICES MADE BY HOUSEHOLDS AND FIRMS|
|Ch. 6:¿ Household Behavior and Consumer Choice|
|Ch. 7: The Production Process: The Behavior of Profit-Maximizing Firms|
|Ch. 8: Short-Run Costs and Output Decisions|
|¿Ch. 9: Long-Run Costs and Output Decisions|
|Ch. 10: Input Demand: The Labor and Land Markets|
|Ch. 1:. Input Demand: The Capital Market and the Investment Decision|
|Ch. 12: General Equilibrium and the Efficiency of Perfect Competition|
|Part III: MARKET IMPERFECTIONS AND THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT|
|Ch. 13: Monopoly and Antitrust Policy|
|Ch. 14: Oligopoly|
|Ch. 15: Monopolistic Competition|
|Ch. 16: Externalities, Public Goods, and Social Choice|
|Ch. 17: Uncertainty and Asymmetric Information|
|Ch. 18: Income Distribution and Poverty|
|Ch. 19: Public Finance: The Economics of Taxation |
This item has been upgraded to Principles of Microeconomics, 12th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-304997-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$105.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325222-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$175.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302426-5