ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Based on his storied research and teaching, Eric Mazur’s Principles & Practice of Physics builds an understanding of physics that is both thorough and accessible. Unique organization and pedagogy allow you to develop a true conceptual understanding of physics alongside the quantitative skills needed in the course.
- New learning architecture: The book is structured to help you learn physics in an organized way that encourages comprehension and reduces distraction.
- Physics on a contemporary foundation: Traditional texts delay the introduction of ideas that we now see as unifying and foundational. This text builds physics on those unifying foundations, helping you to develop an understanding that is stronger, deeper, and fundamentally simpler.
- Research-based instruction: This text uses a range of research-based instructional techniques to teach physics in the most effective manner possible. The result is a groundbreaking book that puts physics first, thereby making it more accessible to you to learn. MasteringPhysics® works with the text to create a learning program that enables you to learn both in and out of the classroom.
The result is a groundbreaking book that puts physics first, thereby making it more accessible to students and easier for instructors to teach.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MasteringPhysics does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MasteringPhysics, please visit: www.masteringphysics.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MasteringPhysics by searching the Pearson Higher Education website. MasteringPhysics is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
2. Motion in One Dimension
6. Principle of Relativity
10. Motion in a Plane
11. Motion in a Circle
14. Special Relativity
15. Periodic Motion
16. Waves in One Dimension
17. Waves in Two and Three Dimensions
20. Energy Transferred Thermally
21. Degradation of Energy
22. Electric Interactions
23. The Electric Field
24. Gauss’s Law
25. Work and Energy in Electrostatics
26. Charge Separation and Storage
27. Magnetic Interactions
28. Magnetic Fields of Charged Particles in Motion
29. Changing Magnetic Fields
30. Changing Electric Fields
31. Electric Circuits
34. Wave and Particle Optics
$183.00 $173.85 |