For courses in Police Administration and Management.
Widely used throughout criminal justice and police science programs, this book emphasizes a contemporary and proactive approach to police management. Various police management styles are addressed throughout, from traditional scientific management to the behavioral/systems approach to the human relations approach. Its chapters take a realistic look at operational problems that can occur within a police department and how a consultative, proactive management style can help solve and resolve them. Fully updated in this edition, its goal is to reveal how proactive management techniques and new technology are revolutionizing police management today.
Table of Contents
1. Historical Perspective
2. Police Culture
3. The Art and Style of Proactive Police Leadership
4. Purposes and Principles of Police Organizations
5. Operating Principles
6. Proactive Communication and Information Management
7. Proactive Police Technology for the Twenty-First Century
8. Patrol Operations and Community Policing
9. Basic Line Functions
10. Administrative/Staff Functions
11. Auxiliary Functions
12. Human Resources Management
14. Proactive Planning
15. Collective Bargaining and Police Management
16. The Future of Proactive Police Management
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Proactive Police Management, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$50.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508972-9