Written by a former community corrections professional, PROBATION AND PAROLE, 11/e provides an insider's view of probation and parole. Featuring a two-color design, it addresses both juvenile and adult populations and includes authentic reports, forms and narrative from agencies throughout the country. This edition features material on motivational interviewing, restorative justice, community-based supervision, evidence-based practice, offender re-entry, and other state-of-the-art practices. Expanded review questions engage students in material as they examine the controversial issues impacting the system.
Table of Contents
1. Probation and Parole in Criminal Justice
PART ONE : PROBATION
2. Probation History and Administration
3. Pretrial Release, Sentencing, and the Presentence Report
4. The Probation Officer and Juvenile Justice
PART TWO: PAROLE
5. Parole and the Indeterminate Sentence
6. Parole Administration and Services
PART THREE: TREATMENT AND SUPERVISION IN PROBATION AND PAROLE
7. Treatment Theory and Practice
8. Probation and Parole Officers
9. Probation and Parole Supervision
10. Intermediate Punishments
11. Special Issues and Programs in Probation and Parole
12. The Future of Probation and Parole
This item has been upgraded to Probation and Parole: Theory and Practice, 12th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$58.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300391-8