Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134315340.
Students and beginning counselors can turn to this helpful guide to get the concepts, techniques, interventions, strategies, and skills they achieve effective results with their clients. Every step of the counseling process is covered, from initial client contact to relationship building, assessment, goal setting strategy selection, treatment planning, and finally evaluation and termination.
Also available with MyCounselingLab®
This title is also available with MyCounselingLab—an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: The Language of Counseling
Chapter 3: Stages and Skills of Counseling
Chapter 4: Building a Working Relationship
Chapter 5: Assessing Client Problems
Chapter 6: Developing Counseling Goals
Chapter 7: Defining Strategies and Selecting Interventions
Chapter 8: Affective Interventions
Chapter 9: Cognitive Interventions
Chapter 10: Behavioral Interventions
Chapter 11: Systemic Interventions
Chapter 13:Termination and Follow-Up
Integrative Practice Exercises
Forms and Guides for Use in Counseling
Ethics and Professional Practice Websites
This item has been upgraded to Professional Counseling: A Process Guide to Helping, 8th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-410609-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300028-3